It was absolutely killing me to not be able to attend Tales of the Cocktail this year. (Curse those pesky work commitments!) Even checking Twitter and looking around the various cocktail blogs was maddening, and reminded me of pressing my nose to the glass behind which all the cool kids were having fun without me.
There were some good roundups of Tales from the AP, the National Post, and Forbes (to say nothing of the official and wildly comprehensive Tales Blog.) And I should single out the New York Times for a nice post focusing on Sazeracs in New Orleans, NYC, and elsewhere.
But there's other news! And links to share!
- Manhattan is getting its own cocktail conference!
- And a weekly "speakeasy" night at the Museum of the City of New York! (The Times covers it here, and provides some good background info + recipes.)
- Rules for Bad Ass Cocktails, from Sasha;
- a Summer Drinks Bartending Guide, from the Times. I think this may be the right evening for a Rye Rickey;
- Why haven't I mentioned 12 Second Cocktails on here yet? Great idea, executed well. (Interview with the creators here);
- Yours truly, on cocktailing in New Orleans;
- and I'd be remiss if I didn't throw in a reminder to enter Bar Artisanal's cocktail contest (as seen below.) Come up with a recipe that'll pair well with cheese and impress the heavy-hitting judges (including Terrance Brennan, Dave Arnold, and Cocktailians' very own Tony Hightower.) But do it soon: the deadline -- Friday the 24th at 5pm EDT -- is fast approaching.