Some interesting things I've run across lately:
- Hand Signals at the Stork Club. Manager Sherman Billingsley demonstrates the various hand signals he used in running the famous boite to LIFE magazine. Utterly fascinating, and makes me wish I could've taken a gander at the place. (Thanks to Czeltic Girl for the link);
- We're getting close to St. Patrick's Day, and while stout isn't a cocktail, I find it much more seasonally-appropriate for drinking on 3/17 than some drinks. DrinkCraftBeer offers a guide to stouts, with tasting notes;
- The Village Voice reports on the new spring Angel's Share menu;
- OMG: A Zamboni that turns into a tiki bar. (video!) WANT;
- LA Weekly examines "The New Cocktailians" and tells you where to get a proper drink on the Left Coast; and
- Edgar Allan Poe apologized to his publishers in 1842 for getting drunk -- apparently William Ross Wallace would "insist upon the juleps."